Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mark?!

So I thought I would start off my college blogging with a story from last week. This seems a good place to begin.

Last Friday I was exhausted; my Expository Writing teacher kept us ten minuets late, which was drastically cutting into my 2:30 Friday afternoon nap (I have those). Anyways, I was walking back to class when suddenly I saw Mark!!!

...Or at least, I thought i did. I think it was a mix of the sleep deprivation and the homesickness that made me believe that Mark was walking towards me from my building. There are two things I should have been aware of:
1. Mark and Lizz do not stalk me religiously or even know where I live on campus.
2. Why, in God's name, would they drive an hour to come and say hi to me?

But I didn't realize this until after I was rushing, with a big loving smile, towards the man that looks like Mark. I assumed Lizz and Aivril would be doing something silly like be hiding in the bushes, so I was looking around for them as I ran towards 'Mark'.

'Mark' stared at me like I had ten hideous heads all oozing with some sort of green pus. That's when I realized, oh crap, you are not really Mark.

Too late. 'Mark' crossed the street and kept looking over his shoulder in a freaked out manner. I entered my building feeling foolish, then turned to see 'Mark' crossing the street again......

Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment